If you have landed here by accident and is really looking for our Home Page, click on this button!
Our vision as a fellowship is closely related to our view of Scriptures as described elsewhere.
- We realize that through the centuries the church has to a large extend lost many of the essential truths that once were the secrets of the vitality and vibrance of the body of the early believers.
- We realize that what is called “church” today is a very far cry from what Scriptures describe as the bride, “set-apart and without blemish”, that will meet the Bridegroom in the near future.
- We realize that the human desire for comfort and numbers and ecstasy have become far more important today than the desires of Yahweh as they are clearly and straightforwardly revealed in Scriptures.
- Our vision is to seek Yahweh’s guidance in making a contribution that may help to restore these lost values and prepare the bride (or any part of the bride) for the coming of the Bridegroom. Our aim is not to engage in any action or ministry unless we have received the clear guidance of the Spirit of Yahweh to do so.
- We realize, on the other hand, the danger of not being watchful and prayerful enough and thus not sensing the urging of the Spirit to move in a certain direction. Knowing that the Spirit is none other than the Spirit of Yahweh, and that our Father would never lead his children in a direction that is contrary to the direction already shown in Scriptures, we have been able to formulate four overall goals which represent both the guidance of the Spirit and the direction of the Word as we understand it at this point in time. For the sake of memory by association, each one of these four goals is linked to a different letter of the name of our fellowship, ELIM Ministries.
|E||Establishing the truth and life-style of the complete Scriptures or the Word of Yahweh, including the much neglected Torah|
|L||Linking true believers in the Messiah (inside or outside the church) to their essential Hebrew Roots|
|I||Identifying and interacting with groups and individuals who share our vision and are serious about the truth|
|M||Ministering to, and meeting with groups and individuals to work together towards increased knowledge of the Word|
We are constantly in the process of finding appropriate practical ways to put these goals into practice. In this regard, too, we need to be very sensitive to the guidance of Yahweh’s Spirit. The following are just a few of the ways in which we hope to accomplish the goals mentioned above:
1. Teaching and exploring the undiluted truth of Scriptures in our weekly Sabbath meetings and other meetings, including the Scriptural Feast Days, not only in Fish Hoek, but elsewhere too, as new believers come together in homes and small groups, and also as new fellowships come into existence.
2. Presenting seminars and teaching sessions to interest groups elsewhere.
3. Establishing a network of like-minded teachers and believers with the aim of mutual encouragement, discussion, interaction, intercession and cooperation.
4. Making available resource material and audio CD’s of our Shabbat meetings to the followings groups of people:
a. Those who see themselves as part of Elim Ministries but are currently living elsewhere
b. Those who identify with our vision but are unable to attend our meetings
c. Those who do not have access to these kind of resources and want to know more
d. Those who are unfulfilled and disillusioned with the life and teaching of their church
e. Those outside the church who are hungry for truth and meaning in life