Did you know …?
- Jerusalem’s Mount of Olives is the world’s oldest continuously used cemetery.
- The Dead Sea is the lowest place on Earth.
- Voicemail technology was developed in Israel.
- You can buy “chummus” flavoured ice cream in a shop in Jaffa, near Tel Aviv.
- It is possible to run from the east side to the west side of the land of Israel in under two hours.
Yes, we know – these are not good enough reasons to join a tour to Israel in 2018, or at any other time, for that matter. But there are at least a hundred more reasons why a visit to Israel is almost guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience! More so, when you love Scriptures and the accompanying history and have always wondered what it would be like to walk with your own feet where Y’shua had walked, to see with your own eyes the places where momentous events had once taken place, to rub shoulders with the people called the apple of Yahweh’s eye and to experience the heart-beat of a land that is immensely important from a believer’s point of view – both in terms of understanding the past and living with an expectation for the future!
If you are on the look-out for an Israel experience like this, you are welcome to join us! We are planning a tour to Israel from 18 to 29 March 2018 (ten days land tour plus two days air travel) and it is promising to be something quite special! The tour will take place under the supervision and friendly assistance of Tailor Made Tours, an excellent and affordable touring facilitator in Israel, with more than 15 years of experience in the travel industry. The size of the group will be between 20 and a maximum of 30 people; the type of accommodation will be twin or family bedrooms in 3 or 4 star hotels in Jerusalem and Galilee, with breakfast and supper included in the tour price (for those who prefer, a supplement payment is applicable for the “luxury” of staying in a single bedroom). Children between 4 and 12 years old who will be sharing a room with their parents, will receive a tour discount of approximately R3000. Tailor Made Tours will provide us with a registered Jewish Tour Guide who understands the needs and unique character of our group, as agreed upon in an open discussion between Elim Ministries in Fish Hoek and Tailor Made Tours in Israel.
All entrance fees to the sites on our touring itinerary, as well as the transport costs from and back to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, are also included in the tour price, that is, if you join the group flight from and back to Cape Town. Talking of which, the full tour price (with airfare INCLUDED) will be LESS THAN R25500 per person, provided that the rand-dollar exchange rate and airfare prices do not change significantly from what they are at the moment (the end of July 2017). Once you have made your decision to join us on this tour, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of R1400, as soon as possible, to ensure that your place on the tour is booked. An additional 50% of the total land tour price will be required TWO MONTHS before departure, and the balance of the total land tour amount, ONE MONTH before departure. Payment arrangements for the AIR TICKETS will be made known shortly. If you want to come along, but prefer to depart form a place other than Cape Town International Airport, you will be required to make your own flight arrangements (and payments), and possibly also transport arrangements (and payments) from and to Ben Gurion Airport on the days of arrival and departure. Apart from the tour price, tour members should budget for pocket money (gifts, menorah’s, chummus, nougat, etc), money for light lunches (a typical Israel shawarma will cost you about 15 shekels or R60) and tips for the driver, guide, hotel and restaurant staff (Suggested total amount for tips: R900).
What to expect and what not …
- A visit to ancient and extremely significant towns and cities like Jerusalem, Jaffa, Caesarea, Haifa, Nazareth, Akko, Capernaum, Tiberias, Safed, Jericho, Hebron, Bet-El and Shechem.
- Keeping clear, as far as possible, from the commercialized and typically “touristy” areas in Israel, where the emphasis is oftentimes more on “making a killing” than “making the day” for some of the tourist.
- Experience the electrifying atmosphere at the Western Wall in Jerusalem; the intensity of the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum; the thrill of a boat trip on the Sea of Galilea; the miracle of floating on the waters of the Dead Sea; the historical and archaeological treasures on top of Mount Masada, the beauty surrounding the Mount of Olives, the Garden of Gethsemane and the City of David; the story behind Hezekiah’s Tunnel and the Pool of Siloam; off-the-beaten-track visits to the Jordan River at Bridge Youssef near Sde Nehemya and the Korazim National Park with its beautiful synagogue; the unsurpassed beauty of the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon; the unique phenomenon of the Shabbat being kept by an entire nation and the Biblical feasts being a central part of community life and a full day with Aryel Tsion, Tour Guide, Lecturer and enthusiastic ambassador of Israel as a tourist destination, who will introduce us to lesser known but Scripturally important locations in and around Hebron and Susya, South of Jerusalem.
- There are literally hundreds of churches and chapels and cathedrals and museums in Israel, often strategically situated at or near a place of Biblical importance. We shall pass them but not necessarily enter them. Our main aim at all times will be to experience the land and its people, as naturally and unmodified as possible and to offer the opportunity to each tour member to come to a better understanding of Scriptures, when it is placed back within its original context and setting. Naturally, we shall spend the majority of time together, as a group, but there will also be more than enough time, especially in Jerusalem, to do your own thing and even pay a visit to sites that are not on our itinerary.
What to do next …
Ask yourself two questions and pray about it, if you prefer: (1) Do I want to do this? (2) Will I be able to pay the full amount of the tour price by February 2018? If your answer is YES to both of these questions, contact us as soon as possible, so that we may set the ball rolling! We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard and getting to know you better!